Educational Talent Search
Educational Talent Search strives to prepare, academically and socially, qualified low income and first generation youth (grades 8-12th in Washington County Schools) to complete secondary school with the goal of enrolling in and completing a program of study through postsecondary education. This is accomplished by our program providing Academic Advisors, helping the youth with career, college, financial literacy, advisement and financial aid information, along with cultural activities. ETS increases educational opportunities for these youth.
What is ETS?
- The DSU Educational Talent Search Program has been assisting students in the Washington County School District since 1991.
- It is an academic enrichment program for students in grades 7-12.
- ETS is one of the TRiO Programs which are funded by the U.S. Department of Education.
- The ETS Program identifies and assists qualified students to prepare for and achieve post-secondary education and training.
- During the school year your ETS Advisor will visit your school and meet with you either in groups or individually. You will have fun learning about yourself and what it takes to get to college!
- Best of all, there is absolutely no fee to participate in ETS!