Participation Grant Award
Information and Process
In order to be considered for the TRiO Student Support Service Participation Grant, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- CURRENTLY enrolled at DSU as a full-time student (at least 12 credit hours);
- Receiving a PELL grant (FAFSA);
- Submitted a FAFSA application for coming school year (Spring Applicants only);
- Have completed a 2-year up-to-date graduation plan (Associate’s degree) which is signed by an SSS advisor;
- Meet GPA and minimum credit requirements;
- Second semester SSS students: Have a minimum 2.5 GPA for at least 12 hours of credit (Students are not eligible to apply their first semester in Student Support Services.) OR
- Second year SSS Students: Have a cumulative 2.5 GPA and completed at least 24 credit hours (Students with less than 12 or more than 50 semester credit hours are not eligible to apply.)
- Exceed the required 2/3 ratio of classes passed to classes attempted;
- Met with an SSS advisor in an office appointment each semester;
- Currently enrolled in either SSC 2002 or SSC 2003;
- Consistently submitted a completed Mid-Semester Grade Check form each semester you have been in SSS;
- Participated in at least one DSU-sponsored activity AND one SSS-sponsored activity during the current semester.
To print the participation grant application and/or eligibility checklist, visit the TRiO Forms website.